mardi 7 juin 2011

When a German cooks Indian vegetarian food in Paris...

    I have to write this article in English in appreciation of a talented guy from Bonn.

    To be really honest, when Y and I were invited by my friend E to have an Indian vegetarian dinner, I would have imagine everything but that. What was "that"? Just one of my best Indian meals.
There is only a few restaurants in Paris that can serve you with dishes of the same level I ate last Sunday and they would show exorbitant prices. The kind of restaurants that you cannot afford if you're skint...

    We all were lucky this evening. Even if I don't have the recipes used by P, I can say that the singer of X-Ray Hapoons badly boots up the backside of all 60's bands' cooks!

    P prepared four different dishes and some cheese naans. Bloody hell fire, he also made the cheese that accompanied the spinaches! I'm talking about home-made paneer! I've always said that vegetarian people had taste.

Chickpeas and sweet potatoes, dahl, spinach and paneer, red beans stew. Add some tomatoes, onions, spices... but also fresh coriander leaves and a delicious yogurt sauce...

Heaven exists.

    Y and I ate like horses. Y was given another helping 5 times!
Everything was accurately prepared, and all dishes were masterfully carried out. You maybe know, this kind of feeling, when a person is a good cook and that even if he uses a recipe, there is a little plus, something that you can just understand if you cook as well. Moreover, the performance is even more substantial as Indian food is in general terms, made up of recurring ingredients.
Trust me, we were on cloud nine...


Cheese Naans

    You would be bonkers to think that vegetarian food is tasteless... Bollocks! You should all shut your cake-holes!


I'll do my best to publish the recipes on this blog, but I can't promise anything... Just go to all the concerts of X-Ray Harpoons and try to squeeze the recipes out of the singing chef!


We had a hell of a good time.
  Yeah, baby, krauts know how to cook! 


PS: Calm down, ladies, this man isn't on the love market anymore. Neither is the keyboard player: you touch and I'll bite you and draw blood.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire